Having issues with your Mayflash F500? Here are some ideas on what the problem might be and tips on how to solve them. This includes problems like detection issues and whether or not you may need to update your Mayflash F500 in order to get it working.
Rest assured these issues are easy enough to fix. This article gives you some simple tips on how to get your Mayflash F500 working.
What is the problem with your Mayflash F500?
The Mayflash F500 is one of the best entry-level fightsticks on the Market.
One of the stick’s best feature is the ability for it to be played on almost any platform e.g PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC to name a few.
As a result of this feature, the setup for the Mayflash F500 can be a little complicated.
There are, of course, instructions included with the fightstick that show you how to setup the F500 with various different platforms. However, they can be a little confusing.
Therefore, the main reason why your Mayflash F500 is not working is because you probably haven’t set up the fightstick properly. If the fightstick has not been set up properly then the console or platform cannot detect it.
Fortunately, I have some tips below to make sure that you have set up your fightstick properly.
The second reason your Mayflash F500 is not working may be due to the software on the fightstick being outdated.
This is especially the case with newer consoles like PS5 or Xbox Series X but sometimes may even affect consoles like Xbox One X/S or Nintendo Switch.
Tips on how to fix your Mayflash F500
If the fightstick is not connecting to your console or the lights are not turning on. This usually suggests that you haven’t connected the fightstick properly to the console. Here are some tips on how to fix this problem:
- Read the instructions carefully – I know it sounds silly but details can be missed easily. Make sure to read the instructions for your particular platform or console.
- Try setting up in the correct order – Usually, this involves turning on the console first, plugging the fightstick to the console, then switching the console input to the controller setting, and finally connecting the controller to the fightstick itself.
- Make sure console input is in the correct position – I want to emphasize this part again because I feel as though this is where most of the detection issues come about. If you’re on a console then the input must be in the controller position.
- Check controller cable is not faulty – Check the cable you use to connect the controller to the fightstick is not faulty. This is usually the same cable you use to charge the controller. So for example this is the micro-usb cable on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Update your fightstick – Mayflash occasionally updates the firmware for its fightsticks. This is so that it can work on newer consoles or solve any bugs. If this is the first time you’re using the fightstick or you haven’t played it in a while then I suggest updating the firmware. You can follow the instructions to update the Mayflash F300 here, as the process is quite similar.
Hopefully, this has fixed the issue with your Mayflash F500. If you are still experiencing issues then I would suggest getting in touch with the manufacturer.
Although a hardware problem with a new fighstick is rare it can still happen, especially if something was damaged during shipping for example.